Direct Support is a core support, assisting a participant with their daily living skills and supporting them to access social and community events. This service is only offered to participants, InclusivED does not Support Coordinate for.
Direct Support tasks include:
- Support with the development of Daily Living and Life Skills
- Support with Daily Personal Activities assisting with and/or supervising personal tasks of daily life to enable the participant to live as autonomously as possible
- Providing Personal Care and Home Care to pursue individualised living options
- Assistance with daily life tasks in a group or shared living arrangement
- Participation in community, social and civic activities
- Assistance with Travel/Transport arrangements
- Providing overnight support – non active nights
Direct Support does not replace parental care and responsibilities that are generally expected of families. The goal of direct support is to assist the participant to get on with the routine of everyday living so that they can be engaged in community life to achieve their goals on the NDIS.