Education & Training
Utilising 25 years of experience in the disability sector, InclusivED aims at sharing its skills, knowledge and competencies to build the sector, by providing students from a range of Registered Training Organisations, the opportunity to use their work placement hours learning, applying and practising the NDIS Practice Standards and the NDIS Code of Conduct in all their work-integrated learning tasks.
Students accompany staff on home visits, learn how to document case notes succinctly, use the NDIS Price Guide as the tool to understand budgets and funding allocations and focus on a series of high-level, participant-focused outcomes through case practice, discussions and debates.
InclusivED has been one of the organisations chosen to participate in the Disability Sector Capability Building Project since the project commenced in March 2019.
InclusivED delivered its nominated number of disability placements for the Certificate III in Individual Support, the Certificate IV in Disability and Certificate IV in Education Support.
InclusivED has welcomed the opportunity to give volunteers and support staff from a range of agencies the opportunity to ask questions, engage with staff to clarify doubts and provide references for future learnings. Our innovative team will create and coordinate engaging, accessible and in-depth sessions on a variety of topics including:
- Understanding the roles of a Specialist Support Coordinator, a Support Coordinator and a Direct Support Worker.
- Understanding mainstream, funded and informal supports.
- Setting up a community of best practice for Support Coordinators.
- Accessing mainstream community employment opportunities
- Tutoring initiatives to support learning and educational development at home
- Guidance on options for transitioning from primary to secondary school
- Available options for learning after secondary school
- Resources for Equitable Learning Units through University and,
- Providing work-integrated learning placements for students looking to enter the disability sector.
These education and training sessions are flexible, adaptable and are catered for small groups of learning for students or individuals. Contact us today to find out more.