It is your right as a Participant to:
- Be treated with respect, privacy and dignity regardless of race, sex, creed, nationality or disability.
- Be involved in the planning, process and access to services from InclusivED, taking into account your religious and cultural beliefs.
- Be informed about InclusivED’s services.
- Nominate a person to speak on your behalf if you are unable to do so.
- Decline to give permission for anyone other than InclusivED to have access to your information.
- Decline to participate in teaching, workshops or research activities.
- Consent to or refuse any service offered by InclusivED.
- Make a complaint about any aspect of service offered by InclusivED.
- Have your personal information treated in a confidential manner.
- Access your personal information or delete your personal information kept by InclusivED.
These rights can be achieved by:
- Discussing any matter with InclusivED in an honest, open and professional manner by asking questions, seeking clarification and requesting for information in regards to matters that concern you.
- Bringing any matter of concern to the attention of the Principal Consultant at any time.
- Contacting the National Quality and Safeguarding Commission on 1800 035 544 (free call from landlines, call charges from mobile providers may apply. Please check with your current service provider)
Your Responsibility as a Participant is to:
- Treat InclusivED’s staff with respect, privacy and dignity regardless of race, sex, creed or nationality or cultural background.
- To provide accurate and complete information so that care and support provided is at its best, taking your needs and specific requirements into consideration.
- Keep InclusivED informed of any changes to circumstances that may impact on the support provided.
- Inform InclusivED of any particular requirements relating to your ethnic, cultural or religious beliefs.
- To understand that there may be a reason why InclusivED may be unable to provide a service at a particular time, day or date.
- Respect InclusivED’s property, policies and procedures.
- Finalise all accounts within the due dates for payments.
- Provide regular feedback about InclusivED’s service.
Some important Organisations for information and help:
Office of the Public Advocate
Level 1, 204 Lygon Street
Carlton, Victoria 3053
Tel No: 1300 309 337
Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human rights Commission
Level 3, 204 Lygon Street
Carlton, Victoria 3053
Tel No: 1300 891 848
Updated 1st May 2021