It is your right as a Participant to:
- Be treated with respect, privacy and dignity regardless of race, sex, creed, nationality or disability.
- Be involved in the planning, process and access to services from InclusivED, taking into account your religious and cultural beliefs.
- Be informed about InclusivED’s services.
- Nominate a person to speak on your behalf if you are unable to do so.
- Decline to give permission for anyone other than InclusivED to have access to your information.
- Decline to participate in teaching, workshops or research activities.
- Consent to or refuse any service offered by InclusivED.
- Make a complaint about any aspect of service offered by InclusivED.
- Have your personal information treated in a confidential manner.
- Access your personal information or delete your personal information kept by InclusivED.
These rights can be achieved by:
- Discussing any matter with InclusivED in an honest, open and professional manner by asking questions, seeking clarification and requesting for information in regards to matters that concern you.
- Bringing any matter of concern to the attention of the Principal Consultant at any time.
- Contacting the Disability Services Commissioner (www.odsc.vic.gov.au) on 1300 728 187 if you are unhappy with InclusivED’s service.
Your Responsibility as a Participant is to:
- Treat InclusivED’s staff with respect, privacy and dignity regardless of race, sex, creed or nationality or cultural background.
- To provide accurate and complete information so that care and support provided is at its best, taking your needs and specific requirements into consideration.
- Keep InclusivED informed of any changes to circumstances that may impact on the support provided.
- Inform InclusivED of any particular requirements relating to your ethnic, cultural or religious beliefs.
- To understand that there may be a reason why InclusivED may be unable to provide a service at a particular time, day or date.
- Respect InclusivED’s property, policies and procedures.
- Finalise all accounts within the due dates for payments.
- Provide regular feedback about InclusivED’s service.
Some important Organisations for information and help: